1. Our Commitment to Protect Your Privacy
At Bible Society, we are committed to protecting your personal and data privacy. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying your Personal Data to us when using our website and other services, we provide this notice outlining our practices and the choices you have concerning how your Personal Data is being collected and used by us.
2. The Personal Data We Collect
“Personal Data” refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access.
This includes unique identifiers (e.g. NRIC number, passport number); as well as any set of data (e.g. name, age, address, telephone number, occupation, photographs, video/audio recordings etc), which when taken together would be able to identify the individual.
3. Purposes for which the Personal Data are Collected and Used
We may use the Personal Data you provided for one or more of the following purposes:
- To contact you regarding your enquiries;
- To process and administer any services or products requested by you;
- For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied to you;
- To facilitate the collection of donations or payment for products and services provided by Bible Society
- For your use of the online services available at website;
- For marketing, promotional and relationship management purposes, such as sending you updates on Bible Mission news, and latest promotions in connection with our products and services
- To disclose to a third party to comply with any law, legal requirements, orders, directions or requests from any court, authority or government body of any jurisdiction, which may be within or outside of Singapore;
- To improve our security, including in relation to the processing of payment by credit card to guard against the risk of fraud including carrying out matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties).
- For internal and external advertisement purposes in mediums such as printed newsletters, brochures, flyers, posters, banners, calendars, electronic publications, websites and social media platforms (including, but not limited to, photographs and audio/video recordings during Bible Society events).
We may from time to time use aggregate non-identifying information about our customers to better design our website and/or to improve our services and products. This means we may provide this information to third parties. However, this information will never identify any single user in particular.
Except as provided below, we will not knowingly or intentionally use or share the Personal Data you provide to use in ways unrelated to the aforementioned purposes without your prior consent.
4. How to Access or Correct Your Personal Data
You may request access to and correct your Personal Data held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Personal Data, if you believe that the Personal Data relating to you which we collect and maintain is incorrect, or if you believe that the Personal Data held by us was used beyond the scope of the purpose of use disclosed above or was acquired by fraudulent or unlawful means or provided to a third party without your prior consent, please write to us at the address below.
A request for access or correction to, or deletion of Personal Data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Personal Data held by us must be in writing and sent to us via postal mail at the following address:
Donor Care Officer
Bible Society of Singapore
7 Armenian Street #04-01
We may use temporary “cookies” in our website that collect the first level domain name of your email address. For instance, if your email address is [email protected], the cookie collects the “domain.com” portion of your email address and the date and time you accessed this website. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover your identity.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept the cookie or not.
6. Links to Other Sites
Our website contains hyperlinks to other websites that are not operated by Bible Society but are given for your convenience and reference only. The provision of these hyperlinks does not imply that we endorse the contents or any of the programs and activities found on these websites. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for their personal data and privacy practices.
7. Our Commitment to Personal Data Security
To maintain the accuracy of the Personal Data, as well as to prevent unauthorised access and ensure the correct use of Personal Data, we have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data we collect.
For example, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol—an industry standard for encryption over the Internet—to protect in transmission the Personal Data we collect online. When you type in sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet. All electronic Personal Data that we maintain is securely stored and further protected through our use of appropriate access controls. When disposing of Personal Data, paper documents containing Personal Data are securely destroyed, and electronic files storing Personal Data are permanently deleted.
In some instances, we may entrust Personal Data to third party service providers, binding them to protect the security of Personal Data and only to use it for the purposes we specify.
8. Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
We do not sell, rent, lend or exchange your Personal Data to/with any third party. However, we may disclose and transfer Personal Data to and jointly use Personal Data with our business associates, service providers, and other persons who we consider appropriate, in connection with the services and products provided to or requested by you.
The entities with whom we may share your Personal Data include but are not limited to:
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, marketing and research, distribution, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to Bible Society;
- credit, debit and /or charge card companies and/or banks;
- government or non-government authorities, agencies and/or regulators;
- medical professionals, insurers and clinics/hospitals.
We will require the entities above to ensure that the Personal Data disclosed to them is kept confidential and secure.
10. Withdrawal from Direct Marketing
If you do not wish to receive our newsletters (electronic or hard copies), information about our programmes or promotions about our products and services, you may opt out at any time by:
- Following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the communications
- Writing to us at the address listed above in Section 4
- Emailing to us at [email protected]
11. Retention of Data
All Personal Data that has been collected from you will only be stored for as long as it is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as required by applicable law.
12. Data Protection Officer